Thursday, January 14, 2010

It's c-c-c-cold

Earth is throwing a tantrum. What with the devastating earthquake in Haiti, killer heat in the southern hemisphere and the ice age invoking cold that has hit the north, it seems like Earth's energy is bursting in directions which we meager humans can't understand.
We really messed up this planet, haven't we? It's all our fault. 'Global warming' doesn't sound urgent enough; we should start calling it 'unnecessary Earth-killing heat created by idiotic humans' or something. Who are the politicians and law makers and world leaders that can't see the importance of this issue? What planet are they living on? Are they living in some climate controlled bubble? Why isn't this issue like top priority in every advanced country?

Above rant was caused by the extreme cold we've been having and my grumpiness about it. I'm not good with cold. Thermal underwear, two layers of sweaters, hat, scarf, mittens and hooded long parka are my basics but these days I have had to put on an additional sweater and cardigan to not freeze and prevent hypothermia.

Despite my whining and bitching about the cold and the ugly snow in the city, I do admire how beautiful the snow is in nature. There are very few people rambling about in this weather so the calm and serenity is quite soothing, letting you forget the hustle and bustle of the huge metropolis looming in the background. I enjoy those moments of solitude.
Winter used to be my favorite season as a kid, and if my adult body hadn't been so circulation-challenged, it probably would still be.

The snow makes an excellent backdrop for my Napzzak Project as well. I was getting a bit bored with it, to be honest, but the photo opportunity made me draw again.

Also took pictures of Blythe (first time in months!) with her tiny footprints and a very bewildered looking lion that I got at Design Festa.

On another note, I had started this blog as an outlet for my art and designs. However, notice how it has turned into an 'omg all she does is eat and drink' blog? Well, I need to get back on track. If I manage to find it underneath all this snow, that is.

2 comments:

sarah said...

Love your blog... ;-)

Suzy in Seoul said...

Thanks, Sarah! ^_^