Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Heartache

Haneda airport, October, 2009

I go to Tokyo almost every year. I have friends and acquaintances who live there. There are memories that lurk in various corners of the city, where my stories have been written and told.

Like most people, I have spent the past few days glued to the news of the terrible earthquake in Japan. Even after hearing news that those I know were okay, my heart sank lower and lower as news came in. I'm not watching live footage anymore because I can't take it. There are images swimming in my mind that I want to forget, even though I wasn't even really there. I cannot imagine the pain and loss and grief and all the mixed emotions that the Japanese are going through right now.

Just hoping that there will be no more injury to the country nor the people. I truly hope.

No comments: