Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Noodles, Noodles, Noodles (Tokyo)

If I had to eat one thing for the rest of my life, it'll probably be noodles. I love noodles in every form: Korean janchi guksu, Chinese chow mein, Italian pasta, Japanese udon and soba.

I only had time to visit two noodle places this time around.

Kyutoku at Roppongi Hills : I had an appetizer of sauteed eggplant first, followed by a tempura udon set. The tempura comes on a separate plate, unlike some places where the tempura is on top of the udon. The noodles are of the thin variety in a hot clear broth. Light yet filling. I'd go here again.

I was shopping at Takashimaya department store and dropped in a casual soba place for a quick lunch.
Komatsuan : Onsen tamago soba set, aka "hot springs eggs" aka poached eggs soba set. I love half cooked eggs, whether on soba, udon, rice, or on their own. The soba is served with ground daikon, katsuobushi, and nori. There was a side dish of rice topped with light tororo.

No comments: